10.1.11

Koi
Amy G. Kramer

My chair sat in the shed collecting dust over the holidays until I had lunch in Mandeville at a popular Chinese restaurant and walked through the exotic tropical garden.  The garden’s pond immediately caught my eye and became the inspiration for my chair, Koi.  I covered the wooden parts of the chair in small pieces of painted kraft paper in combinations of red and orange to represent the fish scales.  The seat cushion is covered in a screened copy of an original piece I painted for this project to represent the water and the vegetation in the pond.

Amy G. Kramer is a Bay painter and can be contacted at home at 228-463-2379.  Her current work is available at 220 Gallery located on Main Street downtown Bay St. Louis.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Article! planning for you will be easy with these chinese new year celebration games which include the Chinese Zodiac Photobooth, wheel of fortune, live kung fu show and many more which will create happy vibes with your employees.


    ReplyDelete